The JBI Journal is a flagship publication of the Jamaica Bauxite Institute and is in keeping with our mission of maintaining good scholarly research. The Journal seeks to publish original scientific, socio-economic, legal and technical articles that highlight issues related to the international bauxite and alumina industry.
The Journal’s targeted readership includes scientists, academics, industrialists, political leaders, policy makers, bankers, legal practitioners, economists, researchers and students.
The Jamaica’s Bauxite Institute invites manuscript/research submissions in the following areas for consideration in the publication of its next Journal issue:
- Improvements/Advancement and Challenges
- Occupational Health and Safety Issues
- Sustainability in Mining Communities
- Bauxite Land Matters
- Prospects of the Industry
Submitted papers should be approximately 3,000 words in length and should conform to APA style requirements. Complete manuscripts are preferred.
Please pay attention to the following deadlines:
- Deadlines for submission of papers – November 23, 2018
- Notification to authors of accepted papers – November 30, 2018
- Submission of corrected manuscripts and author permission – December 31, 2018
- Editorial review and final corrections – January 31, 2019
- Publication – March 31,2019